Me & My Life..

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Long Lost Friend..

I've been receiving a lot of text from this unknown number.. since last week. When I ask for the name, he just don't wanna let me know. He said 'Time will tell..' and I replied, 'Well, go to hell!'.

But last night, text from the same unknown number received, it says 'U askd.. sincerely, I hv no intention 2 cause any inconvenience or discmfort.. just wanted 2 say hello 2 a long lost friend.. we go way back. Can U guess who I am?'. I told him, I don't have a clue.

He replied, 'I can't remember the last time I spoke to U. I met a friend that day at an iftar (break fast) gathering, I got ur number from him. MBS..? Hmm..'. It's getting weird! I have a lot of friends while in school and still doesn't have a clue. It doesn't ring the bell at all!

Then another text received, 'Ikhlas, pls accept my apologies, if I'm offending U or if ever I offended U b4. Hmm.. me? Class 4Sc2, 5Sc2.. Mr Poovan football masters favourite student.. Can you guess now?' Suddenly, someone pops up in my head. While I was in school, there is only one guy that always speaks English with me. The guy that I always fancy since I was in Secondary 1! It can't be true.. we've have not been talking to each other for a very long time over a small fight of jealousy! Can't be him!

I just tried my luck and replied, 'Is this Faarhad?'. He sent me a smiley :) and my guessed right! He is Faarhad! Gosh, I couldn't believe it myself.. out of sudden, he contact me again?!

'I was touched, you can even spell my name correctly even after 17 years!'. Then the chat began.. He said, 'Do U know that I tried to get in touch with U many times? Heard U were working at Legend Hotel, tried contacting but was never successful.. then I heard U moved, but I was clueless as to where U moved..' Another text coming in, 'I'm doing fine and looking after mama. I am not married yet and still single, sister just got married last year, she has a baby girl now.. it's tough being the eldest, having to settle and safeguard family matters at all cost, but I guess that's life. Now that my sister's ok, maybe my time will come soon, though I can guarantee U it won't be that soon. In life, U tend to hold on to great memories of people U cherish. That's how I remember U.. remember, not remembered :)'. 'Yes, the memories were great..' he said..

I was so touched, he still had me in his memories.. that is something. Yeah, we've shared a few sweet memories together while in school.. going and coming back from school together, have fun in the class together and a lot more! Most of my friends in school knew that we shared something special together. There are a lot of memories that I still cherish until now. He really means something to me still..

We exchanged our YM ID and made appointment to be online so that we can chat more. I still can't forget about our English monthly test while in Form 3.. it really makes us even closer than before! That's how this journey starts..

No comments: