Me & My Life..

Sunday, November 9, 2008

My First Punjabi Wedding.


Tonight is the biggest night for Kiran.. his wedding day! The Anand Karaj (wedding vow) was held in G.S. Sikh temple Titiwangsa at 10.00am. I really wish I could attend the Anand Karaj as I never went to any of Punjabi wedding before. But today, I was in the morning shift and unable to attend it, so the wedding dinner is 'a must to attend' for me.

Everybody who works in the morning shift today at the Front Office was so excited for tonight's wedding dinner.. especially Azian (always look-out for free food!) and Mary (the first wedding ever attended!!). Knowing Kiran as a 'player', it was a shocked to know that he finally settle down with his chosen one. Congratulation to him and his wife!


Meeting our group at the hotel's side entrance at 7.00pm, myself, Dinesh, Faisal, Nazri, Mary, Pamela, Azian and her husband, Yu Wen, Thomas and Zahir finally made our move to MPPJ Hall Taman Medan, Petaling Jaya at 8.10pm. We waited for Nazri who only end his shift at 8.00pm and insisted to join us.. making his 10 cent face.. begging for our sympathy. All of us was not familiar on how to get there, finally reached the hall at 9.10pm after getting lost and wrong turning a few times! At the hall entrance, we had smell the aroma of briyani rice from inside the hall.. mm..yummy, everybody was hungry!



During the dinner, Kiran was controlling his macho look! Very seldom seeing him acting that way.. well, we do understand his nervousness in front a lot of people and in front of all his friends especially on his wedding. Dinner was great and the ceremony was fun and exciting with a few Bangra shows on stage, probably organised by Kiran's relatives. As per Mary, there are a lot of cute Punjabi guys here! (I agreed with you Mary!! including Kiran's younger brother was cute too!) And guess who I met? Edika Yusuf.. he used to be a very popular model and actor in mid 90's. Kiran told me Edika Yusuf is his cousin and he still looked great and attractive even he is in his 40s now :)



Later, before the end of this wedding dinner, there was a dancing session.. it was so much fun! We was shocked to see Subra and Suraj doing their Bangra dance in a loud Bangra music!! They was so energetic.. so funny to see them dance!



After a few photo session with the rest, Kiran and his wife, we ended the night saying goodbye to the Bride and the Bridegroom. I really had fun on my first Punjabi wedding and will remember it for the rest of my life.. Congratulation to Kiran and his wife again! :)

3 comments:

Littlemisskee said...

i missed it again ...

Ishak Hussain said...

Yeah.. it was so much fun. Have you check-out the pics in Facebook yet?
:)

Zetti said...

hi there, i know its a long shot, would it be possible for us to get in touch with the groom? we are looking for edika yusof to act in a new TV series. email me at tvfilm.casting@gmail.com

Regards - Zetti