Me & My Life..

Thursday, August 5, 2010

This Is It..


Been waiting and saving for almost a year.., have been keeping my leave from work for almost 6 months.. and the time had arrived, a new chapter of my life. Me and Zahir are so excited to travel for our holiday this time! Our first time flying a long haul flight (the longest flight I've been are 3 hours!) and our first time to Europe. But most of all, I am so excited to meet Joe. It has been almost a year from the time we last met.. it gonna be fun to hang around with him again.

Thanks to my sis and Naza for driving us to the airport..


Checking on my ticket before check-in..




Excited..!!


Hu.. hu.. can't wait to begin my longest journey!

Been so excited, I couldn't sleep while in the flight. The only thing I've done was watching the movies and listening to the in flight music.. and eating (the food was fabulous!) the whole journey in my first part of 14 hours flight to Manchester.

The supper as soon as we took-off..


The stars in the stars..


Songs that I love and been listening on the journey..


Breakfast served before arriving Dubai..

Arrived Dubai at 4.00am, the airport was so huge! Imagine this, walking all the way from Terminal 3 (there is where we were landing) to Terminal 1, just to have a smoke.. had taken half of my 4 hours transit there. Along the way, a lot of Duty Free shops and Dubai isn't cheap!

Safely arrived Dubai..


Such a huge Duty Free shopping here in Dubai!


Been walking 1 1/2 miles just to have a ciggy..


Dubai Airport..


The view from Dubai air..


Marvelous view of Dubai city..



The breakfast as soon as we took-off from Dubai..



Bored and excited in our another 7 hours of flight..



The snacks before landing in Manchester..





Travel half way around the world to Manchester..

At 9.00am, we continue our journey to Manchester (flight was delayed) and we safely arrive Manchester Airport. I was so nervous while waiting for my turn to the Immigration Counter. Luckily, the 'Travel Itinerary File' that I've created had helps me a lot! Even though Azian teased me, 'You're going for a holiday or for a seminar?!' looking at the file, but I don't care. I know what I'm doing and I know it will help me going through the Immigration process later on. The Immigration Officer smiled at me while I'm convincing him on my purpose of the visit, he told me 'You're so organized! Have a great holiday here in the UK!' and stamped our passports. Phewww..!!

View of Manchester from the air..


Manchester Airport


Another part of Manchester Airport..

Pity Joe, had been waiting for us outside the airport while Anthony was waiting in the car. I was so glad to see them.. knowing there was somebody will take care of us here where I don't know anybody in this part of the world.

While on the way to Joe's place in Woolley, I was so mesmerized with view of Wakefield countryside (located in between Manchester and Leeds).. never been in this kind of place before... I really like this place, it was so peaceful. Wakefield is such a small town but very interesting, the people was so friendly.


Breath taking view of the countryside..


Quiet Woolley village..


Nice architecture and peaceful Wakefield town..

We reached the destination and had a nice chat at home. Then Joe took us around the small town of Wakefield before we back home for dinner at the back yard.. so much to catch-up between us.



At the park in Wakefield..


Dinner at the back yard..


Before ending the day, I always wanted to sit in front of the fireplace.. even it is in summer, the night here was so cold!

4 comments:

Poh Ling said...

What a lovely trip, post more post more..

Ishak Hussain said...

Keep on reading dear.. more to come!
:)
p/s: How are you doing? Missed you la!

Anonymous said...

finally, u wrote about UK trip.. i tot u fly direct to London, rupanya ge MC dulu.. keep blogging ok, cuma jgn peram lama sgt dah tak stim heheh

Ishak Hussain said...

Baik.. sebenarnyer laptop saya ni buat hal lak masa balik dari UK, tu yang lambat post tu.. Anyway, thanks for your support!
:)