Me & My Life..

Friday, August 6, 2010

York and Leeds (day 2)

Woke-up as early as 8.00am, Joe was so excited to take us around his area.. and his plan is to take us to the countryside especially in York and to see the small town of Leeds. Joe told me that I will definitely like these places and he knew that I always love to see the old castles, old buildings with interesting architecture and such.

Ladies and gentlemen, we officially leaving the area..

Leeds, here we come!

Finding our way to York now..

Drove about 45 minutes from Old Mount Farm (where we stayed), Woolley in Wakefield and we stopped at the wheat fields located along the way.. such a beautiful scenery. Not far away from the wheat field, there are purple colour of flower field (not sure what kind of flower was that), in the whole beds of purple, there are some red patches of wild Poppies. I've never seen such amazing sight!

Isn't this amazing?


He.. he.. first time in my life at the wheat field!

What can I say with this breath taking scenery.. in love with it!

After a few photo shots, we continue our journey to York.. the wall city, situated at the confluence of the River Ouse and Foss in North Yorkshire (between the capitals of London and Edinburgh). It has a rich Roman, Viking and Medieval heritage of an old city in the UK since AD71. Once I stepped into the small city of York, I felt like I was in the set of an old film.. with it's old Tudor style houses and shops, old Gothic cathedral, walking through the market and the people that really made this small town so interesting.

A brief information before touring the town..

The city of wall.. York is surrounded by the these walls since 2,000 years ago..

Tudor style houses and shops.. I wonder how does inside those houses look like..

York Minster.. the Gothic Cathedral of St Peter.


York.. Britain's most picturesque street.

Love this peaceful town..

In the market.. choosing the best strawberries and cherries.

The small town of York..

The highlight of the day was a visit to York Designer Outlet about 15 minutes drive from the York Minster town. It really look like a one storey shopping mall with most of the popular brands in it.. from Paul Smith to Armani Jeans, Ralph Laurent to Burberry.. you name it, you got it! And it is all at the markdown prices!! You know, I bought Polo Ralph Laurent t-shirt for GBP15.00, Paul Smith jeans for GBP35.00, Hugo Boss sandal for GBP19.00, GAP t-shirt for GBP10.00.. and a lot more! Do you think we can get those shocking prices in KL??

Oh my god, oh my god.. I was so excited!!

Ohh.. Burberry trench coat.. but this is for kids! :(

How I wish all the shops here close at 10.00pm! I couldn't get enough!!

Done with the shopping, we went to Leeds city for sightseeing. It was about 6.00pm and the weather was beautiful with a cold winds. Walking around Leeds town and most of the shops had already closed.. they closed pretty early here! Since I haven't watch the Sex & The City 2, we decided to watch that movie (Joe watched it trice and never enough!).. it was fun!

Even in summer, the shops here still closed at 6.00pm..

Feels like the whole mall belongs to me! Yeahh!!

Me with the Leeds City Hall..

I've paid almost RM50.00 for a movie! That's a lot!

Ready for the movie..

Small town of Leeds at night..

I think this is the most beautiful market I'd ever seen.. in Leeds.

The best part in Summer here was the day time is longer than the night time.. imagine, 9.00pm the skies is still bright.. 9.30pm is the sunsets.. and 3.30am is the sunrise!! Hmm.. since we've been out the whole day and tired, we still had a good sleep at night and woke-up at 8.00am as usual! What a day!
:)



No comments: